Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hemi Sync Helpers


A few weeks ago I went to a seminar and learned about Hemi Sync products created by Dr. Monroe 40 years ago to expand the usage of our brains via sound technology. It's fascinating how they began and how far they've come with it over time.

I was attempting to listen to the first cd in the core series, but with my schedule, I had fallen asleep at least 6 times without making it through the 45 minute session.

Two evenings ago I FINALLY made it through most of the first cd. In one section of the relaxation, the person is supposed to breathe in clean, fresh air, and out with the stagnant air, a sort of clearing out the body while relaxing. The next step is to breathe in, then when you breathe out, try to match the tone of the hemi-sync sound playing in the background.

It was after midnight at this point, I'm about 20 min into the program, and the dogs who were sleeping with me were snug in bed and sound asleep. However, when it came time to make the hemi-sync sound, Ellie Mae leaped from one end of the bed to the other and landed square on my chest with her paws on either side of my neck cocking her head. What was that sound??? When I made it again, she licked my lips till I stopped. Evidently she thought I was in some sort of distress and she had to save me.

So last night, with Ellie Mae safely crated, I tried it again. This time Mariah gave me kisses, but at least I didn't get a body tackle. Guess if my brain is going to expand, it'll have to be when the dogs aren't there to help. :)

No comments: